How to Sell a Gun on Consignment: A Guide
Selling a firearm on your own can be challenging, especially if you don’t have a network of potential buyers or extensive knowledge about the firearm’s market value. That’s when selling a gun on consignment become a good option. Using a company like Dunlap Gun Consignment who specializes in selling guns, can provide invaluable expertise, make the process easy and ensure a gun sells for a good price.
Why Should You Consider Selling a Gun on Consignment?
Consignment involves entrusting a middleman to sell your firearm on your behalf. The key benefit is that you stand a better chance of selling your firearm for a higher price compared to selling it independently. Since the consignor takes care of tasks like photography, listing, auctioning, and payment collection, they charge a fee, typically a percentage of the final sale price rather than an upfront cost. Consignment fees can vary, and consignees should look closely at what value is being provided. Things like marketing efforts, sales environment, photography, and preparation of the firearm in showcasing it for sale and good criteria to evaluate a consignor on. In some cases a low consignment fee could indicate that the consignor spends less on marketing your firearm, or gives it less attention to maximize it’s sales price.
How to Consign Your Firearms
If you’re interested in consigning a firearms, where should you begin? While some individuals opt for local gun consignment shops or pawn shops, this approach may limit your potential buyer pool compared to choosing an online consignor with access to firearm enthusiasts nationwide. It’s crucial to ensure that your chosen firearm consignor possesses an FFL (Federal Firearm License), issued by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF). This license allows the business to engage in both interstate and intrastate firearm sales.
Why Use Dunlap Gun Consignment?
Dunlap Gun Consigners simplify the process while helping you secure an excellent price for your firearm. Here’s how our gun consignment process works:
- Provide firearm details: Share information about your firearm, and we’ll provide an honest appraisal and an estimated auction price range.
- Consignment agreement: If you’re satisfied with the price estimate, we’ll send you a consignment agreement outlining the steps we’ll take and what we’ll need from you to successfully auction your firearm.
- Ship your firearm to us: After approval of the consignment agreement, we’ll guide you through the safe packaging and shipping of your firearm, covering all shipping and transfer costs.
- Marketing and sale: Upon receiving your firearm, we’ll conduct professional photography and create compelling listing content to showcase and market your firearm’s value effectively.
- Payment: Once a winning bid is secured for your firearm, we’ll send you a check within 1-2 weeks. We handle all aspects of shipping the firearm to the winning bidder and manage the necessary governmental documentation.
Maximizing Your Firearm Sale
Selling your firearm independently or through a local shop often falls short of securing a high return on your asset. The success of consigning your firearm depends on having a substantial following of firearm enthusiasts and access to the right channels for firearm sales.
If you are serious about achieving the highest possible price for your firearm, Dunlap Gun Consigners possesses the experience, audience, and expertise to deliver exceptional returns. We guarantee that your firearm will sell within 15 days, and you will receive your payment within 21 days. Our proficiency in firearm sales means that we handle all the hard work for you, from professional photography to creating listings, conducting auctions, and collecting payments. All you need to do is send us your firearm, and we’ll take care of the rest.