Get More Money for an Expensive Gun in Michigan using Dunlap Gun Consigners
Gun owners with expensive guns in their inventory they wish to sell for top dollar are encouraged to use Dunlap Gun Consigners. We are the experts that have unsurpassed data to sell high-value guns for the most money while utilizing cutting edge marketing techniques to ensure the gun is sold quickly. We guarantee earning top dollar on the sale of the gun and pay our clients within 15 – 30 days of agreeing to use our service.
The days of worrying about the numerous laws concerning the ownership, transfer, and sale of firearms are not a factor when using our service as we are federally licensed by the U.S. government and have helped thousands sell their firearm while they relax from the comfort of home.
If still not convinced, we are providing a overview below of the gun laws to help for a smooth transaction for those determined to sell on their own.
Private Party Sales/Purchases Require a Permit
Selling Handguns in Michigan
Michigan allows for private party transfers of firearms, however, there are some additional restrictions for handguns. If selling a handgun in Michigan, a “purchase permit” is required in order to purchase or sell a handgun to a private party.
A purchase permit is obtained from local law enforcement which contains three copies of the license for each party to keep for their records. The buyer and seller must both sign the license and may each keep one copy for his or her records. The buyer must return the other copy to their local law enforcement within 10 days of purchasing the handgun. A license to purchase a handgun is valid for 30 days. Some agencies require all unused license-to-purchase forms to be returned to them for record-keeping purposes.
Selling Long Guns in Michigan
The laws for buying long guns is a bit simpler. To buy or sell a long gun, a person must:
- Be 18 or older;
- Provide ID; and
- Have a background check done by a licensed firearms dealer.
There is no license to purchase like with handguns when dealing with private sales.
In Michigan there are also certain conditions that prevent people from owning a firearm.
The following are disqualifies people from legally owning a firearm:
- Have been convicted of a crime punishable by imprisonment for over a year;
- Are a fugitive from justice;
- Illegally abuse controlled substances;
- Have been adjudicated as mentally defective of incompetent, or have been committed to a mental institution;
- Are an illegal resident of the United States;
- Are a former US citizen who has renounced his citizenship;
- Were dishonorably discharged from the US Armed Forces;
- Are subject to a restraining order;
- Were convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.
FEDERAL DISQUALIFICATION CATEGORIES
- Conviction (felony or misdemeanor) where the crime has a maximum imprisonment term exceeding 1 year (even if a buyer did not receive actual imprisonment exceeding 1 year).
- Warrant (felony or out-of-state misdemeanor).
- Felony pre-trial release.
- Misdemeanor crimes of domestic violence restraining/stalking/protection order mental health adjudication or commitment.
- Unlawful use or addicted to a controlled substance (including marijuana).
- Dishonorable discharge from the armed forces.
- Renounced U.S. citizenship.
- Illegal alien.
For more details on Michigan’s gun regulations click here.
Want to make sure your firearm is sold legally for top dollar? Use GunConsignment.com for peace of mind!
Our service allows you to relax from the comfort of home while our staff of professionals navigate the hard part of selling a firearm through consignment. Our process is not only safe and hassle-free, it is lightning fast.
We guarantee your consigned firearm will fetch top-dollar and you will be paid within 15 – 30 days no matter what time of year it is or where you are located within the United States!
Just tell us the specific make, model and caliber of your firearm, upload a few photos of it and once we agree on a price, we’ll provide a cost free shipping label via UPS. Any and all additional expenses will be paid by Dunlap Gun Consigners.
Begin our safe, discrete and legal process here.
The information contained on this website has been prepared as a service to the internet community and is not intended to constitute legal advice. GunConsignment.com has used reasonable efforts in collecting, preparing, and providing quality information and material, but does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, completeness, adequacy, or currency of the information contained in or linked to this website. Users of information from this website or links do so at their own risk and should consult their local firearm law resources and/or an attorney when engaging in selling a firearm.